In 2016, the Board of County Commissioners of Osceola County approved funding to complete the renovation of Austin Tindall Sports Complex. After eleven months of design, the facility held their ceremonial ground breaking on November 16, 2017. Austin Tindall Sports Complex is expected to be completed by July 2018 now that constructions is in full swing. Above is the concept of what the new facility will look like once it is completed with details of the expansion listed below. Feel free to check back frequently for updated photos of the renovation.
Austin Tindall Sports Complex coming amenities:
- Five (5) new fields built with Bermuda Tif 419 grass.
- All fields will have LED lights.
- A concession and restroom building on the east side.
- A stadium with a seating capacity of 1,500 that can grow to 3,000 when portable bleachers are added.
- An LED multi-use scoreboard at the stadium.
- New west side entrance.
- Facility road will now encompass the fields.
- Additional parking located on the south end of the complex.
- Ice plant for event purposes.
- Two (2) marque signs along Boggy Creek Road.
- Increased power hookups on the west side.
Here is the layout of the scoreboard that will be installed inside the Stadium.
Grass and Amenities Update
Sod has arrived and they started repairing the locations of the water and sewage lines. Bring on the rain!
In another week the Eas side building walls will be complete.
Next week the foundation will be poured for the Ice House (aka Ice Plant).
Stadium Field Update
The beginning stages of the Stadium as the sprinkler lines are layed out.
The pad is completed for the Stadium seating.
Location of the scoreboard from above is ready for is pour. Yes, it will need a truck or two of concrete.
Here is the frame that will be dropped in that small hole for the scoreboard.